Monday, August 16, 2010

Who Knew Work Could Be So Fun?!


A few evenings ago I caved in and asked my husband for some help. I can use just about any power tool, but I hate drills. I can never seem to hold them steady and they always slip out of my hands so I asked him to help me drill the screws for the hinges. Thanks to him the roof and store fronts are now functional! Hopefully that will be the only help I need.

I had so much fun today and got a ton done! I added a second coat of paint to the exterior and installed the windows. I thought that my corners on the windows were square, but learned they weren't so I did a lot of sanding and shaving to get them to fit. Live and learn!

The stairs were built and installed. The railings are now done, drying and waiting to be installed.




Hopefully this week I will find the time to dye the shingles. I'm a little nervous about this. I bought a brown and a grey dye and I'm going to do a little experimenting. I love roofs that have differing colored shingles, so we will see how it goes.. Any advice would be more than welcome :)


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete