Tuesday, August 24, 2010


Yesterday I dyed the shingles. I had ordered two colors of dye- brown and grey. The effect I'm hoping to get is of a multi-colored roof. If you look really closely you will see three shades.

The first batch (about 3/4 of the bag of 1000 shingles) I did grey. I didn't want a really light brown, so for the second shade I added a little more water to the grey I was using and then dumped the brown dye into the grey. They came out a nice autumn brown. For the in-between shade (really hard to see in the photo), I then took a portion of the ones I had dyed grey and put them through the brown/grey stain a few times. This resulted in a darker brown shade.

I'm happy to see that they are drying nicely. Yesterday they just looked like a giant blob, but today I am able to see more of the actual color. I'm hoping to start attaching them this weekend.


  1. Te han quedado unas tonalidades preciosas.
    Se aprecia perfectamente las tres tonalidades.
    Ahora te deseo mucha paciencia para poner todas esas tejas.
    Besitos, May

  2. Has conseguido un gran trabajo, me encanta.
    Ahora solo tienes que ponerlas, sera un arduo trabajo, pero te quedaran genial.
    besitos ascension